The Puhoi Heritage Museum Incorporated (the Society):
- collects, preserves, displays, and restores items of historic interest about Puhoi and its people.
- assists in identifying historical buildings and sites in the Puhoi and surrounding areas.
- promotes research and encourages and assists other persons, societies and groups interested in furthering the Society’s objectives.
- promotes public knowledge of Puhoi and its history and enhances the special identity of Puhoi.
- honours and commemorates the settlement of Puhoi and its people.
We encourage all people with an interest in these objectives to contact us to find out more.
The Society actively seeks the support and assistance of friends and volunteers.
We also welcome people who want to research family history, learn about the early days of Puhoi, and about the settlement of New Zealand in general.
Jenny Schollum (archivist) email@example.com
Sheryll Titford (President) firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn more about the many interesting aspects of our work that volunteers
can help with.
The Society operates the museum, owns the artefacts on display, and maintains the archives. Click here for Archives.
We continue to collect material and have created folders where the information we have on each family is presented.
Our Society is affiliated to, and co-operates with: